Sunday, May 1, 2011

Book Review - "Pretty Little Liars" by Sara Shepard

Publisher - Harper Teen
Release Date - October 1, 2006
Number of Pages - 286





The synopsis of this book :
Three years ago, Alison disappeared after a slumber party, not to be seen since. Her friends at the elite Pennsylvania school mourned her, but they also breathed secret sighs of relief. Each of them guarded a secret that only Alison had known. Now they have other dirty little secrets, secrets that could sink them in their gossip-hungry world. When each of them begins receiving anonymous emails and text messages, panic, sets in. Are they being betrayed by some one in their circle? Worse yet: Is Alison back?

Why is there a Barbie doll on the cover?

Pros
- Where should I begin? The plot of course! The things those girls did... forbidden, sexy and dangerous! The author created amazing plot full of crazy stuff!
- Loved all the back story on all the characters! 
- This book is mysterious and creepy. Gave me shivers.
- The concept is so unique!
- Well-written

Cons
- I expected it to be a little more intense.
- It seems unrealistic to me, but I might be wrong
- Once again, WHY IS THERE A BARBIE DOLL ON THE COVER?

Overall a good read! I definitely recommend it! I also recommend the TV show.
4/5     

PS. Can someone tell me why there is a doll on the cover?

No comments:

Post a Comment