Monday, September 12, 2011

Book Review - "The Sweetest Thing" by Christina Mandelski

Publisher - Egmont USA
Release Date - May 10, 2011
Number of Pages- 352
Source - Netgalley

In the world of Sheridan Wells, life is perfect when she's decorating a cake. Unfortunately everything else is a complete mess: her mom ran off years ago, her dad is more interested in his restaurant, and the idea of a boyfriend is laughable.

But Sheridan is convinced finding her mom will solve all her problems - only her dad's about to get a cooking show in New York, which means her dream of a perfect family will be dashed. 


It's 3:30 AM, as I'm writing this, because I just had to stay up and finish the book. Just like Sheridan's cakes this book was pure perfection.

I expected this book to be a very light read, and in most parts it was, but there were some dark and depressing moments.

I loved all the food references in the book, it really complimented the theme and it made it even more fun to read because I love it when books have something that makes it stand apart from other novels in this genre.

I absolutely loved Jack and Lori. They just had really awesome personalities and were always there for Sheridan.

The setting, writing and pacing of this book is perfectly done as well.(I'm not elaborating because there is not much to say about them)

Overall this book is a beautiful coming- of- age story, that I recommend to anyone who likes food.


Rating - A+

No comments:

Post a Comment