Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Monthly Wrap Up - January 2012

Here I recap all the books I have read this month and my brief opinion of them:  (btw, thank you Book Rat Misty for the thums up/down idea)

  1. "Revolution" by Jennifer Donnelly



I expected this to be so much better...unfortunately my expectations were not met. I hated the main character, I was not a fan of the major twist at the end and I found a lot of parts of this book to be boring.

 2. "Cracked Up To Be" by Courtney Summers




It wasn't that bad...but I just couldn't connect to the characters,and therefore the story kind of fell flat for me.

3. "Paranormalcy" by Kiersten White




Very fun, refreshing and enjoyable!

4. "Want To Go Private" by Sarah Darer Littman

Very raw, realistic and scary. I really recommend this one.

5. "Something Wicked" by Lesley Anne Cowan


Really dull and boring. I didn't even finish it.

6. "Clockwork Angel" by Cassandra Clare

It was really good. I didn't love everything about it but I still thought it was awesome

7. "Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins

AMAZING!

8. "City of Fallen Angels" by Cassandra Clare

Not the best in the series, but still very enjoyable.

9. "The Lover's Dictionary" by David Levithan









Very beautifully written!

10. "Will Grayson, Will Grayson" by John Green and David Levithan
 







Overall this was a really good bookish month for me. My top three favourite books of the month, in no particular order are ...


  • Catching Fire
  • Paranormalcy
  • Want To Go Private?
Honourable Mention(s) - The Lover's Dictionary and Will Grayson, Will Grayson

No comments:

Post a Comment